MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £60000
depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking (and gym on site at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
This opportunity has arisen to be manage a small team that works across all areas of the UK and International business, managing export control. It will give you the opportunity to develop valuable expertise in the area of Export Control and Compliance. You will also develop your communication skills across MBDA and be at the forefront of what is happening as the business grows and expands its export activity.
- Manage and developing a small team to deliver excellent export service internally and externally.
- Liaising with government departments, to influence change to drive the business forward to meet export requirements
- Providing expertise advise on Export Licencing and Export Compliance (including internal and external audit)
- Improving processes and compliance
- Contributing, influencing to the Communities of Practice internationally
What is in it for you?
- Technical Training and development available
- The opportunity to work on projects across the UK business and with international colleagues.
- You will be able to develop your expertise in all aspects of Export Licensing, ITAR & EAR regulations, which in turn will develop your knowledge and understanding of UK Projects and their development
- Travel will be required within Europe and this brings the opportunity to develop your language skills!
What's great about this team?
You will be managing a dynamic, focussed team responsible for the development of export control best practices and providing essential support to each other
The team is consistently striving to achieve excellent export control compliance which involves reacting to new technologies, challenging products and destinations, proposing changes to work more efficiently and helping to influence othersWork is very diverse and rewarding
Working in a team where changing circumstances and prioritisation is always challenging and inspiring
What are we looking for from you.
- To succeed in this role, you need an eye for detail
- Managing Experience of a team
- "you will have a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things are changed at the last minute and can require difficult decision making
- Good mediator and communicator when dealing with a range of people in different disciplines
- Positive decision making
- Attention to detail and a high level of resilience is essential
- Ability to stimulate and inspire others
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.