MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
The Mechanical Analysis Group are looking for a Principal Structural Engineer to join our team in Stevenage. The group consists of over 30 engineers working across a wide spectrum of cutting edge military systems. Working for an internationally recognised company, you will play a critical role in ensuring that MBDA's products deliver the necessary performance against key structural requirements.
We operate in a supportive and collaborative environment where people feel valued and are encouraged to achieve their full potential. We encourage knowledge sharing within the team and support opportunities work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
We are a highly motivated team with a strong desire to improve and deliver. Our structural analysis is pivotal in proving the capability MBDA UK's military systems.
What we're looking for from you:
- Ideally, degree qualified in a STEM subject and/or have experience in a relevant field (e.g. Mechanical, Aerospace etc.).
- Proven experience in a planning organising and delivering a variety of structural analysis work packages, using both traditional hand calculations and CAE methods.
- Proactive and passionate about developing and improving methods, processes and tools.
- Self-motivated individuals who are great problem solvers, can take responsibility and work independently as well as a part of multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to network and influence internal and external customers.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.