MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £55,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
You'll develop innovative algorithms in the areas of Control, Navigation, Guidance, Tracking, Data Fusion, and Mission Planning as a key member of the MBDA Guidance, Control & Navigation team.
Our team is delivering algorithms across the full life cycle of our products from technology concept to in-service support; our algorithms are key enablers to achieving the performance needs of current and future Weapon and Missile Systems.
You'll cultivate a broad and in-depth knowledge across a variety of applicable fields and topics.
You'll work on complex and exciting concepts and products as part of a passionate team of specialist engineers. You'll interact with other subject areas like Simulation and Modelling, Image Processing, Software, Navigation Sensors, Hardware-in-the Loop, Systems Design & Validation, Seekers & Sensors, Datalinks and Technical Quality.
We are exposed to ground breaking technological innovations and our Engineers play a meaningful role through the development of our complex weapon systems in all stages of the lifecycle.
We believe strongly in people and team development and there are opportunities to develop your career across a range of futures such as a technology specialist or functional/project manager.
What we're looking for from you:
Specific knowledge or experience in any of these areas is of benefit:
- A keen curiosity about innovative technologies and their applications
- Degree qualification or equivalent experience in a subject with mathematical content (e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science)
- Relevant Post-Doctoral or Industrial experience is a strong advantage
- Domain knowledge such as Flight Dynamics, Aerodynamics, Sensors, Servo Systems, Actuators, Autonomous Systems, Robotics, Mechatronics,
- Algorithms knowledge such as Modern/Classical Control, Navigation, Data Fusion, Tracking and Guidance, Machine Learning
- Tools and Libraries such as Matlab, Simulink, Python, C/C++, Py Torch, Open AI-Gym/Universe, Model based design
- Experience of algorithm research and / or product development and support
- Relevant read across knowledge and skills from complementary subject areas is welcomed
MBDA is the first truly integrated, multi-national defence company in Europe, enabling the development of missile and weapon systems for each branch of the armed forces: air, sea and land. MBDA's range of technologies and products consolidates the group as a world-leader in the defence industry
Please note that we are currently recruiting for a number of Projects including FCAS/Tempest.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.