MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: £50K to £70K depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
We are recruiting at different levels for this position.
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working – typically 2/3 days per week onsite.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the UK Export Contract Management Team for a motivated, experienced and driven project manager who will lead and deliver a portfolio of UK export contracts.
The role involves:
- Leading the contract and commercial day to day interactions with international Customers, ensuring good customer relationships and satisfaction for UK export contracts.
- Managing communications with MBDA and externally with industrial partners.
- Anticipate and proactively resolving issues and concerns in order to fulfil the contractual commitments and obtaining customers' acceptance and payment for the deliverables.
- Ensuring MBDA's business interests are safeguarded by on time export contract schedule adherence and robust mitigation of risk.
- Supporting Sales & Business Development in the acquisition of new business.
What we are looking for from you:
- You are an experienced PM who has led contract delivery in both the bid and execution phases, ideally with an international client base.
- You will need to have a high degree of self-motivation and drive with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- You will have effective interpersonal and communications skills and an open, confident and clear leadership style.
- Experience of people management in a leadership role as well as experience leading internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Be prepared for international travel with an open mind to embrace different cultures!
- Experience of preparing and authorising Bid submissions, ideally with exposure in the role of Business Bid Authority;
- Proven experience of interfacing with Corporate functions such as finance, customer support, export control, project management, quality, shipping & engineering;
What's in it for you?
Opportunity for structured career progression within the MBDA Export Contract Management Directorate.
Opportunity to work with a range of international Customers: North and South America, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific as well as Europe. Travel will be required!
The team is a truly international and delivers integrated Export Contract Management Directorate (based in the UK, France, Spain and Italy) to a global range of international Customers delivering the full portfolio of MBDA products and services.
You will be a part of and shape the growth of the UK Export Contract Management team.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.