MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: up to £52,000 Depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: here possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Are you looking for an opportunity to be at the heart of a once in a generation transformational initiative?
MBDA are at the forefront of the one of the most exciting and challenging programmes within Defence – to design and deliver a Future Combat Air Systems (FCAS) for the RAF and international partners in record time!
The FCAS Acquisition Programme is currently in concept stage and MBDA are identifying and assessing a broad range of Weapons Effects Domain concepts including Network Enabled Weapons; considering how different networking approaches and technologies could provide operational advantage to the users.
We're seeking systems engineers and systems architects with knowledge and experience in networking, particularly Radio Frequency (RF) networks to join us to define, evaluate and refine concepts for future capability working closely with stakeholders within FCAS, inside MBDA and the wider FCAS community, in the UK and potentially partner nations.
This role is accountable for working on a range of system engineering activities relating to Network Enabled Weapons and wider Effects Optimisation. Areas of work during 2023/24 include:
- Functional and Mission analysis.
- Developing, evaluating and refining NEW concepts for FCAS.
- Developing candidate architectures and deriving requirements.
- Driving out options and defining systems boundaries.
- Identifying and analysing technologies for application to the NEW problem space.
- Generating representations of NEW concepts and underlying network designs in selected tools, within MBDA and as part of wider FCAS activities (e.g. Matlab, Simulink, Riverbed).
- Defining and managing technology maturation studies.
Travel within the UK to other MBDA and Enterprise partner sites will likely be required. With the introduction of international partners into the FCAS programme, there is the possibility that international travel may be required.What we're looking for from you:
- Relevant experience in systems engineering and architecting, including system modelling.
- A passion for technology and engineering – preferably in RF networks, tactical data links and/or communication systems.
- Able to work in a team and to prioritise and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Experience of, or willingness to learn to operate within the scrum framework and adopt AGILE values and behaviours.
- Ability to work in a complex multi-stakeholder environment.
- Experience of MBSE tools and techniques, creation and management of System Requirements and Information Exchange Requirements.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG
Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.