Up to £55k DOE plus excellent benefits plus bonus
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working (likely to be a minimum of 2 days per week on site on average.)
An opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer with drive, enthusiasm, creative and logical thinking to join Europe's number one missile system provider, developing Technologies and Capabilities for insertion into the next generation of Complex Weapons.
You will be working on Research and Development projects to develop the Mechanical innovative solutions required to meet the challenges presented by Future Products. This will cover a wide variety of topics and you will be required to have a broad knowledge across multiple Mechanical Engineering fields.
You will have experience of technology development and ideally experience of collaborating with SME's and Academia. An appreciation of operating in a high certification environment and experience of inserting technologies into products is highly desirable.What we're looking for from you:
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC Qualified plus experience in Mechanical Design, particularly in research and development
- Capable of managing work packages, rapid development activities and autonomous working.
- You will have a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, able to set priorities and deal with multiple issues.
- Have the awareness and understanding of cultural differences with the ability to adapt accordingly.
- An understanding of the Structural and Thermal considerations of Mechanical Design
- Wider awareness of other disciplines such as Electronic Packaging, Aerodynamics and Low Observability would be beneficial
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given).
What's in it for you
You will be working on challenging engineering problems and will receive structured skills development. This role will offer you the chance to work on multiple research projects to enhance MBDA's Mechanical Engineering technologies and capabilities, potentially on an international level
You will also have the opportunity to propose ideas for future research topics and obtain funding to develop these ideas within the Function. Training in specific aspects of advanced technology applications for weapon system and weapon system sub-system design will be available
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.