MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £35,000 - £63,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more....
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 3 days on site and the remainder remote working.
At MBDA, we are continuing to grow our world leading missile data link capability. We have a number of exciting opportunities within our Data Link Systems organisation working from research, through the early concept phase, to full product design and production programmes, needing a range of knowledge and experience from graduate to experienced engineers.
The roles cover RF, DSP, Antenna and Modelling (both Electromagnetic and RF System level), and involve the full product lifecycle from research and concept development, through system design, integration, verification and validation.
Ideally you'll have exposure / bias towards RF technology across the full product life cycle.
Currently we are recruiting for the following roles:
- RF Systems Engineers
- RF Systems Technical Leads
- Algorithm / Modelling Systems Engineers
- Digital Signal Processing Engineers
- Antenna Engineers
You will be able to work autonomously within a multi-skilled team with a good understanding and dedication to achieving project goals. You should also have the skills to perform technical investigations, provide problem assessments, and propose design solutions within a culture of innovative thinking.
What we're looking for from you:
Some of the following dependent upon role and level, all within the context of good RF communications knowledge:
- RF / Microwave systems knowledge
- Understanding of waveform design and implementation
- Requirements management and systems design
- Managing external suppliers with procurement team support
- Technical leadership of junior engineers
- Experience participating in, or leading design reviews across the product lifecycle
- Experience of coordinating the transition of development hardware into production, including environmental testing, qualification testing and design certification
- System level RF modelling
- System level functionality proving, Software / Firmware integration and proving
- Antenna design and / or EM modelling
- Familiarity of real-time digital signal processing for high data bandwidth systems
- Systems modelling and Autocode generation experience
- Good communication skills with the ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.