Software Verification Engineer (Embedded)
Salary: up to £65,000 (doe)
What to expect:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Annual salary review
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals
- Excellent career progression/development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
We are a world leader in missile and missile systems looking to build a team of highly capable and adaptable Embedded Software Verification and Validation Engineers, so if you are just starting out on your career or have many decades of experience we are interested to hear from you!
You will be responsible for the verification and validation activities on real-time systems application software for the next generation of Missile Systems.
These are fantastic opportunities for engineers with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern weapon systems.
What we're looking for from you:
This is a technical hands-on role and will involve proving safety-critical Actuator subsystem software meets requirements and specification. Do you have proven experience of any of the following or have a proactive-desire to cultivate your career within:
- Testing hard real time software on Bare-Metal systems.
- C Programming experience.
- Authoring test specifications, automated test scripts and compliance matrices.
- Analysing requirements, test results and code quality.
- Problem-solving capability to investigate software/hardware issues.
- Testing safety critical software (SIL3/4, DO178C software level B/A or ASIL C/D).
- Working in a lab environment on an electro mechanical product running embedded software.
- Full life cycle development in Agile/SCRUM working environment where quality and accuracy of work is critical.
- Desirable tools experience – DOORS, RTC/Git, LDRA and Code Composer Studio.
The right behaviours are important too; can-do attitude, proactive and adaptable, concise communicator, process adherence and quality focus.
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.