Software Project Lead
Salary: circa £55,000 to £70,000 (doe)
What to expect:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Annual salary review
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals
- Excellent career progression/development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to onsite and remote working – such as circa 3 days onsite each week.
A great opportunity for a Software Project Lead to join us at Stevenage; developing and delivering innovative solutions from a wide portfolio of software technologies.
Someone who can manage customers and partners within our growing business. They must have the ability to coordinate their team and all other resources in order to deliver software on time and with validated quality. This role will require you to be an effective communicator and influencer. In addition, you will be organised, yet have an adaptable attitude to problem solving.
What we're looking for from you:
A leader who can build impactful teams and create strong working relations with the multi-disciplined project environments within which we work. This will involve:
- Lead, empower and draw the best from a team.
- Work with members of the Group to identify potential improvement opportunities and support their implementation.
- Have experience of Agile practices such as scrum.
- Control and prioritise project backlogs.
These project environments include system design, prime software design, mechanical design, electronic design, programs, safety and quality. For the successful candidate, this would involve:
- Maintain and communicate the current project schedule, coordinating with the team to meet delivery milestones.
- Be responsible for generation of quarterly team work load forecasts.
- Liaise directly with both internal and external customers.
- Have an awareness of allocated project budgets and ensure that they are used efficiently.
- Support the creation of project and release documentation.
- Act as Software Design Authority by ensuring quality standards are met.
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to develop and grow your career.
- Training programs to provide you with the skills/tools to take the next step to becoming a technical or managerial leader in MBDA.
- The opportunity for travel and international secondment; if of interest.
We are an open, friendly and encouraging team with a passionate and innovative "can-do" approach. Join us to work with a wide range of the MBDA portfolio, providing you with opportunity to grow your people network in the business.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.