MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: £45,000 - 65,000 dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime (depending on level)
- Up to 15 days flexi leave (depending on level)
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
As Mechanical Architects, we are involved in all aspects of missile development, from the early feasibility studies to series production and in-service support within MBDA. You will gather and manage requirements to achieve missile performance, on time and on cost and overall layout vs compliance. This involves providing justification of the design and co-ordinating the verification evidence of missile performance to support certification. We also ensure functional and mechanical requirements are flown down to the sub-assemblies within the missile which includes:
- Analysing overall product structure, mechanical interfaces and architecture
- Facilitating architectural trades
- Ensuring support of generic policies i.e. modularity, re-use, design for assembly
- Undertaking phased missile level technology maturity & complexity of design assessments
- Defining missile level hardware requirements
- Supporting product Design and program Phase Gate reviews
What we're looking for from you:
- Ideally educated to degree level, or equivalent experience
- Experience of electro-mechanical & mechanical design
- Experience developing proving logic and leading the generation of compliance evidence
- We are also interested in a good understanding of broader engineering fields, such as:
- Aerodynamics / Materials /Vibration, Shock, Fatigue /Six Sigma & Lean Design /Critical Parameter Management /Systems Engineering V-model /Failure Mode & Effects Analysis/ Test Design i.e: Design of Experiments
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.