MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
An opportunity has arisen for an engineer to exploit their reliability skills to influence the reliability aspects of technically sophisticated and exciting products. This will involve ensuring optimum effort is devoted to progressive reliability assurance, with the goal of ensuring the delivery of a lean but effective reliability programme.
By understanding the system and its operating context, the reliability engineer will decide what type of evidence will most cost-effectively show that the identified reliability risks have been mitigated to the customer's satisfaction, using a range of techniques and approaches. This role is about balancing time and cost constraints to ensure that a convincing reliability case, comprising of appropriate evidence, is constructed.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to deliver supporting information (FMECA, reliability prediction, etc).
- Fully appreciates that reliability is not just a number, and has experience of reliability planning, analysis and testing during development.
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience in, the application of UK and International system engineering processes.
- Good knowledge of complex electronic systems and the associated reliability issues (but other engineering subject areas, such as design, software, manufacture, etc, will be considered for candidates with the right strengths in other areas).
- Track record as an effective teammate with strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary / multi-national team.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good verbal, written communications analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent
Here's what's in it for you
Alongside core engineering projects there are opportunities to conduct internally funded research packages.
We can provide a variety of project work that will allow the successful applicant to apply the breadth of their reliability engineering skillsets and experience and develop a deep understanding of the technologies involved.
Working with us gives you the opportunity to work internationally.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.