At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The Global Immigration team sits within EY’s People Advisory Services practice and is the largest single brand provider of immigration services managing a range of business immigration services for multinational clients wishing to send their employees to work overseas. These services typically centre on the compliance and legal issues in coordinating and filing their work and visa applications, subsequent work permit/visa extensions and passport/nationality issues. The opportunity
EY’s Financial Services Immigration practice is a high-pace, client service focused environment. Team members enjoy extensive contact with corporate clients within the Financial Services sector, assignees and EY contacts at all levels within the organisation. We are seeking a Consultant to join our busy UK-inbound immigration team, based in London. Responsibilities and skills requirements are below: Your responsibilities
As a member of the Financial Services client service team you will participate in engagements and other related activities under the guidance and supervision of more experienced personnel and support the client service team through supervising and providing guidance to junior members of the team. Responsibilities will include:
- Contribute towards the attainment of engagement goals whilst supervising the progress of less experienced personnel through delegating work, providing timely, continual and constructive on-the-job feedback and performance reviews.
- Provide counselling support to more junior members of the team, as appropriate, in accordance with the firm's performance management approach.
- Follow a continuing program of development in technical immigration and related areas as well as management skills consistent with the firm’s professional development requirements. Identify professional development requirements.
- Support and participate in practice-wide activities such as recruiting learning and other people initiatives.
Quality & Risk Management
- Demonstrate an awareness of EY risk management policies and procedures and support engagement administration.
- Ensure all time bookings are accurately and timely and achieve chargeable hours target.
- Provide support to Engagement Manager by monitoring engagements' financials and ensuring billing targets are met.
- Identify business opportunities within the Financial Services sector and support client pursuits.
- Undertakes research to stay informed of market activity for select accounts and sectors.
- Connect market trends and insights to client issues and business factors.
- Support accounts/ industry sector planning as agreed and contribute to thought leadership.
- Contribute to the preparation of advisory projects, policy papers and submissions, participate in round table meetings/client events and cultivate relationships with Home Office policy leads.
- Prepare draft client alerts and communications for senior leadership review and client alert team.
Skills and experience required
- Support the management of key client relationships and build and strengthen own network within the firm and externally with clients.
- Act as a key point of contact for our corporate client stakeholders, addressing technical immigration queries.
- Ability to prepare technical advisory notes on complex matters or for high profile cases, requiring minimal oversight from management.
- Ability to handle cases from start to finish across a broad spectrum of application types, delegating to junior members of the team where appropriate to ensure the case is completed efficiently from both a time and cost perspective.
- Assign and manage tasks to other team members considering engagement needs and identified business outcomes.
- Acquire further knowledge of the Global Financial Services Immigration team’s project management methods, standards and tools.
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering high quality client service by reviewing work products of more junior members of the team and ensuring own work products are of high quality.
- Review draft materials and communications prepared by other team members.
- Take ownership of client reporting deliverables ensuring timely and accurate production.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience with relevantcorporate immigration experience required with reference to applications under Skilled Worker / Intra Company Transfer / Tier 5 of the Points Based System, applications for Further Leave / Indefinite Leave to Remain and EU legislation.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of immigration processes and common issues; keep informed of current immigration developments in the UK.
- Excellent level of attention to detail with sound business judgement.
- Experience working as an enthusiastic member of a team with previous supervising experience.
What we look for
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent organisation skills with ability to plan, prioritize, meet deadlines, monitor budget and manage multiple projects.
- Strong IT skills, including very good MsOffice (Word, Excel and Power Point),
- Client driven with strategic and commercial awareness.
- Good presentation skills.
What working at EY offers
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output, balancing a large caseload within client delivery expectations
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Change orientated with flexible approach
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now. EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.