User Experience Consultant
As a Senior UX Consultant you will be the primary end-user advocate, applying a strong understanding of UX methodologies and best practices to produce digital experiences which delight and inspire diverse audiences. The role of a User Experience (UX) Consultant is broad and you will operate across several key phases of our User Centred Design (UCD) methodology from Discovery, Define and Design to Implementation, Test and Deploy.What you could be doing for us:
What background we are looking for:
- Work as a senior UX practitioner within a team of UX consultants (BAE Systems and/or client) occasionally taking on a lead UX role, own specific work areas and coach others when needed
- Lead the client engagement for specific areas of work concerning UX including requirements gathering, stakeholder validation, user testing and engagement and validation with other work-streams
- Review and prioritise user requirements, often across complex, diverse audience types, cross referenced with business critical objectives and goals, demonstrating sensitivity to a wide variety of factors
- Plan and facilitate effective workshops from workshop planning and design, through client engagement and facilitation to results and translating outputs into materials that improve the UX of a project
- Apply our standard UCD approaches as well as broader BAE Systems methodologies on client engagements with assistance / direction from senior management
- Take ownership of one or more areas of work including planning, identifying risks and regular reports to the project manager
- Create exciting online consumer experience designs that are empathetic and drive measurable business results
How we will support you:
- Excellent knowledge of UX methodologies and best practices; research, persona creation, needs analysis, site maps, taxonomies, wireframes and prototypes.
- Proficiency in relevant software packages Sketch, Framer, Just in Mind, Adobe Creative Suite etc
- The willingness to immerse yourself and showcase our core company behaviours
- Good knowledge of accessibility compliance, SEO, social, personalisation, responsive design, assisted digital, search, ecommerce, online customer service and more
- An understanding and use of software such as Google Analytics, Adobe Test & Target, etc.
- Preferably worked in an Agile development environment and Lean UX
- Work-life balance is important; you'll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don't know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You'll be part of our bonus scheme
You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.