Technical Architect Job Title:
Can be based at Christchurch in Dorset, Yeovil in Somerset or Hillend in Fife. Grade:
Customers increasingly demand integrated information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations and cyber protection. BAE Systems has recently formed a new business unit called Digital Intelligence to bring together a range of capabilities to meet this Digital demand. Within Digital Intelligence, we are C5ISR and we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services for both Military and Space Solutions.What you'll be doing for us:
As Technical Architect you will be in a technical with responsibility for designing solutions that meet product or customer requirements. You will be leading a number of engineers and guiding them from high-level design through to sub-system integration. You will work with our Chief Engineers to ensure are products are industry leading and compliant with customer requirements and standards. You will bring experience from your current and previous roles to provide new perspectives to the way we work. You will help to develop the next generation technical experts from our Talent Pool
You will receive training in our tools and processes and be encouraged to gain professional registration as a Chartered Engineer. What previous experience will you have:
Preferably in the Defence Domain (or with the ability adapt)
Your skills and experiences:Essential
- Performing analysis, design and delivery of solutions to meet programme, business and customer requirements
- Applying engineering expertise to solve complex engineering problems and win new work
- Maintaining knowledge of the latest technologies and how they can be applied to complex problems
- The ability to lead on technical solutions through the whole lifecycle from concept to in-service
- Prior experience of working within engineering/system engineering teams
- Experience of integrating commercial of the shelf technologies
- Understanding of information systems and architectures
- Delivery, installation, and maintenance of Military IT equipment
- Radio, SATCOM, IP Networks or Tactical Data Links systems
- Understanding of development frameworks and software implementation
- Understanding of Information Assurance (IA) and Cyber security, or security architectures
- Understanding of Environmental Requirements
You'll receive benefits including: performance related bonus (up to 10%); competitive pension scheme; enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentiveWhy BAE Systems?
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Staying competitive in today's global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for this position within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance (without caveat) prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearanceAbout BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.