What we are made of:
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK National Security sector.
Behind great solutions there are great people: our employees. We pride ourselves on being able to solve some of our customers' most complex problems.
We work hard and often go the extra mile, but we recognise people's efforts and that everyone has a life outside of work. We encourage people to speak up if they want to rotate to a new project in support of career development, or even just to face a new challenge and our breadth across a variety of projects will enable you to do this.What you will do for us:
Primarily we want people who can code.
Java is at the heart of what we do - so you'll have to know your way around this to hit the ground running, but you could work with a range of technologies (listed below).
We need people with various levels of experience at coding - from those reasonably early on their careers who need some support, to those of you who are at the very top of your game.
Name dropping just some tech we use:
If you have experience in this tech, it sounds like you are exactly the kind of person we are after. If not, we hope you'd like to learn it!How we will support you:
What you will learn:
- Coaching and supportive environment
- Opportunities to lead teams for those who want to, but it's not mandatory. If you are happy with your headphones on and head down that's fine too - we do like team players though
- Work-life balance is important; you'll get up to 30 days holiday a year via our flexible benefits package
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Don't know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career. You'll have a career manager and get involved with innovation days, so you can develop your career aspirations
- You'll be part of a bonus scheme
- Private medical and dental insurance for when you need it
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing
- We will help you keep up to date with the latest cutting-edge tools and new technologies, although in some cases you'll be the one helping us!
- Software Development in Java and Web technologies
- Some of you will get involved with extending and improving Open Source Software, others will be all about Cloud, for others Database technologies; ultimately you'll learn how to flex your skillset to a variety of projects
- Want to try a new field or technology? You will have access to hundreds of projects that are on-going within UK National Security. We actively support role rotations, so you can continue to learn and develop your career on new projects
If this sounds like you, it's time to get in touch.
#AIcareersLife at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.