Our mission at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that our customers can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At our Malaysian Global Delivery Centre we work with clients from around the world to deliver engineering services and products to meet their digital needs. As we continue to support our global clients, we have a number of project opportunities doing software development and we are looking for senior software engineers and architects to join us in our mission.
Those who apply to this role are expressing an interest to work with us in this area, we will discuss specifics of potential roles and when they would begin during an informal initial discussion.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be placed in one of several potential projects based on career preference, current technological experience and business needs.
Some example project areas:
Example of responsibilities our Senior Software Engineers would have:
- Geospatial mapping and intelligence gathering software products
- Network data traffic analytics with application of machine learning
- DevOps/Platform development on environments such as AWS or Azure
- Highly scaled applications for large enterprise/government clients
What We Are Looking For
- Providing technical leadership to design and architect software solutions to meet business needs
- Developing object orientated software code in high level languages such as Java, Python or C++
- Developing web based front end software in modern frameworks such as ReactJS or AngularJS
- Creating supporting CI & platform infrastructure using technologies such as Jenkins and Docker/Kubernetes
- Debugging software issues and finding root causes of common faults
- Being involved in scrum/agile development processes
- Provide leadership and mentoring to junior engineers
- Some roles may include opportunities for short term international assignments
What We Offer
- At least 7 years' experience as a software engineer
- Proactive problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills and able to present confidently to senior stakeholders
- Articulate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Objective, logical and enquiring mind
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Work-life balance is important; you'll get 18 days holiday a year (increases to 21 after 5 years' service)
- You are expected to work a 40 hour week but flexibility can be given around what hours in a day are worked
- We support hybrid working and give flexibility to teams to decide on the balance between remote and office based working
- Our benefits package include private family medical cover, dental, optical, maternity (4 months), paternity (2 weeks) & study leave
- We also offer home working allowances and EPF contributions for both local and expatriate staff
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Don't know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career and is something we will support with funded training and certification pathways
- You'll be part of our annual bonus and share scheme in addition to our annual pay review with guaranteed Fixed Pay Allowance
- You'll be eligible to receive BAE Systems Shares Incentives based yearly on the company's performance
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.