Objectives of this Role:
Sales Engineers (with a geospatial specialisation) work on complex and rigorous solution engineering, to ensure that solutions developed using GXP/AGS products are fit-for-purpose and deliver in accordance with the customer requirements. This exciting role requires a broad combination of skills and experience, combining technical skills and domain experience (in geospatial) with confident stakeholder engagement and business development.
Sales Engineers will work across both pre-sales and post-sales phases of a customer engagement and will typically be retained for the entire duration, from initial requirements gathering and systems scoping all the way through to final system commissioning and ongoing technical support and maintenance.
Typically, Sales Engineers will work with internal and external
stakeholders, including senior client (up to CXO level), to understand, influence and shape requirements and solution approaches. They will deploy an excellent understanding of mainstream and emerging solution technologies and providers with a flair for evangelism of innovative approaches to business problems and the intellectual capability to rapidly develop expertise and authority in new areas to ensure the technical quality of the work they execute. Sales Engineers must deliver solutions with consideration of through-life solution operation such as operational support and management, integration, change and extension, migration and re-platforming, productization, re-use, withdrawal/retirement and disposal.A strong candidate will have:
- 8+ years in technical problem solving and pre-sales experience, preferably within a geospatial domain
- A broad set of technical skills and knowledge across hardware, software, systems and solution development and across technical domains
- Working knowledge of complex technical deployments at client organisations is highly desirable
- Experience in working in or with Australia or APAC Defence organisations is highly desirable
- Demonstrated working knowledge of geospatial, imagery or remote sensing domains
But by far the most important attributes for the successful candidate will be the willingness to learn, flexibility and the drive to make a success of the role.Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Full fluency in English is a must (written, oral, idiomatically), other European languages are a major plus
- Ability to lead client engagements locally and regionally with minimal direction, Well-developed communication skills and the ability to engage with and influence a variety of stakeholders across different countries in a way that generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- Support localisation of training and process improvements and upgrades based on customer requirements
- Strong technical leadership, team mentorship and collaboration.
- Ability to develop technical and business relationships with end-users, ISVs, OEMs and Intel platform architects and Proof-Of-Concept engineers
- This is a regional role and part of an highly international/global team; flexibility in working hours (as needed) and international business travel (when safe to travel) is expected, not only to countries in the immediate ANZ region, but also to the USA, APAC, and others
- For applicants who are Australian nationals, an active PV security clearance is required
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.