BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
Procurement Apprenticeship - Level 4Start Date:
Guildford or Christchurch
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence's Procurement department is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join their team. The Procurement department is responsible for the purchasing of all direct and indirect goods and services for our business, from laptops and hotels stays for employees, right through to complex Artificial Intelligence software that help keep our technology safe from cyber threats.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enter the world of Procurement, working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, with varying and exciting roles and responsibilities across the Category Management, Bid and Delivery and Supplier Operations teams.What Does the Apprenticeship Involve?
Where will I be based?
- Gain exposure to tendering exercises (finding the right products and services for the company) and how the team negotiate with suppliers to deliver the right product / service, at the right time, in the right place, and at the best value.
- Learn how to develop reporting, forecasting and building out KPI dashboards that optimise the team's communications to their internal clients. There will additional opportunities to present findings to a small audience.
- Put your analytical and technical skills to the test by identifying opportunities for cost savings through analysis of spend data.
- Learn to use industry leading procurement databases and platforms to support their role in the team.
- Work with other functions such as Legal, Finance and Information Security
- Develop the necessary skills to manage some procurement specific transactional activities independently, such as;
- Reviewing the price of current goods / services against their historic costs and identifying opportunities for us to re-negotiate those costs with the supplier.
- Calculating, measuring and evaluating costs and benefits (savings and value add)
- Responding to purchasing requests from internal clients.
- Supporting negotiations
- Management of new supplier requests and supplier due-diligence activities, including supplier on boarding
This apprenticeship will be based in Guildford or Christchurch.How Will You Be Rewarded?
- Level 4 Commercial Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship, along with CIPS certification
What do you need for this Apprenticeship?
- £18,000 starting salary with regular, performance based uplifts throughout 2 year programme
- Competitive benefits package, with 25 days of annual leave and access to product and services discounts
- Support and mentorship from our Procurement and HR functions
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and other MS applications either in a professional or academic setting
- An interest in Business, Finance, Legal and/or Supply Chain
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A personal drive and enthusiasm that makes them stand out from the crowd
- 5 GCSEs A*-C or 9-4 (or equivalent) including a minimum C grade in Mathematics GCSE
- Minimum 18 years old
- Applicants will be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve security clearance.
- Online application form
- Online tests
- Application review
- Live interview
- Security checks
Be sure you give yourself enough time to prepare a quality application; it is worth spending some time to make sure all areas of the form are completed fully and properly.Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.