Junior Software Engineer
As a junior software engineer you will be placed in one of several potential projects based on career preference, current technological experience and business needs. These roles will relate to development of new software products, tools or automated tests using high-level programming languages.
The job role may include:
- Developing object orientated software code in high level languages such as Java or Python
- Creating supporting CI infrastructure using technologies such as Jenkins and Docker
- Debugging software issues and finding root causes of common faults
- Being involved in scrum/agile development processes
- Must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Engineering or equivalent with minimum CGPA 3.00
- Candidate should have knowledge of Object-Oriented software programming
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good communication skills
- Articulate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Objective, logical and enquiring mind
- Creative, persuasive and team player
Open to consider candidates with relevant work experience or high performing graduates who can evidence strong abilities in above areas.
BAE DI supports hybrid working with expectations that employees are able to work the majority of their time from home during the current situation. Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.