The Cross-Domain product development and solutions team is a close knit engineering team within BAE Systems - Digital Intelligence operating in a dynamic market. The team is responsible for the development of world-leading hardware based network security and communication appliances that operate at multi-gigabit speeds. Cross-Domain customers include a variety of government departments and defence, telecommunications and critical national infrastructure companies.
We are recruiting for additional DevOps Engineers to join our development teams, implementing DevOps principles, and to provide technical guidance both across the project, and to external suppliers. The programme requires that all Engineers be cleared to Security Check (SC) level.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Contribute to refinement of non-functional requirements
- Drive the prioritisation of non-functional backlogs
- Implement security best-practices and recommendations; often through the means of developed services and automation
- Facilitate an effective relationship between third party suppliers and client platform teams
- Take 3rd-line escalation responsibility for applications deployed into a live, production Kubernetes environment
- Participate in workstream and project Scrum ceremonies
- Advise on delivery dependencies between third party suppliers and the client
- Raise issues and risks appropriately to Delivery Manager
- Ability to operate in small cross-functional engineering teams to build supportable, sustainable, and reliable services
- Experience deploying, running, and troubleshooting distributed systems
- Experience of using AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Fluency in at least one of: python, go, Java
- Shell scripting (bash/sh)
- Good working knowledge of Linux-based operating systems
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (e.g Puppet/Ansible)
- Solid understanding of CI and build engineering
- Strong version control skills with git
Exposure to the following techniques, tools and platforms are desirable:
- Hortonworks, Kafka, Zookeeper, Artifactory
- Knowledge of HIDS, NIDS and security hardening
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Prometheus
- Experience of IP networking and physical networks
- nginx, HAProxy
#AIcareersLife at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.