BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Are you passionate about working with people and cutting-edge technology and self-motivated to find innovative solutions to complex challenges as part of a team who help keep the UK safe? Join BAE Systems as a Business Analyst.
As a Business Analyst within a Software Engineering team, you will be working with our Customers to build and run systems that support their core mission capabilities. You'll work as part of empowered, autonomous DevOps teams with regular contact with end-users to flexibly and efficiently understand, design, develop, deploy and maintain applications and services. You'll be encouraged to identify new ways of solving problems and get to work in a range of different teams across our customer organisations. You will work in a small team given as much ownership and responsibility as you have the appetite for but part of a much bigger Consulting community to give you the support you need to grow in your career.
We fully embrace DevOps ways of working in our teams, and build a very broad range of capabilities for our customers. We therefore value team players who enjoy playing a role in the full delivery lifecycle and are flexible to learn and pick up new approaches. You'll be playing a role in identifying the right behaviours, best practices and development methodologies to use for the job and be supported with training as needed (both internal and through the external BCS Diploma in Business Analysis Professional Qualification Programme).
Not only will your team be directly making a huge impact upon the systems you work on, you'll be doing it for an organisation who makes a huge impact to the security of the UK.About you
You will have experience in many of the following:
- Stakeholder engagement and planning
- Requirements elicitation and management in Agile environments
- Working within policy and legal constraints
- Facilitating team meetings and workshops, helping to draw thoughts and ideas from all team members, either in person or virtually online using digital whiteboarding tools
- Task and knowledge management tools such as Confluence and JIRA
- Continually looking for process improvements and improvements to ways-of-working
- Bringing passion, enthusiasm and fun to your work!
It would be great if you also had experience in some of these areas, but if not we'll help you with them:
- A scaled agile framework certification such as SAFe or equivalent
- Product Ownership or Product Management in particular:
- Providing support to scrum teams on behalf of a Product Owner or Product Manager as a "Proxy" Product Owner
- Managing new features and releases for existing products and services and a Product / Service Manager, involving iterations to a Product roadmap and the Service / Product model
- Championing Scrum and agile principles within a team
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues, setting an example for them and identifying areas for improvement and training
- Identifying and reporting on risks, issues and dependencies
- Experience with software development and/or design
- Experience with digital whiteboarding tools such as MURAL or MIRO
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process.How we will support you
About our team
- Work-life balance is important; you can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working, and many of our roles include hybrid working enabling a mix of working from home and in the office
- You'll get 25 days holiday a year and the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- You will be encouraged to find multiple other mentors from within the Business
- You'll be part of our company bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
Our people are what differentiates us, they are resourceful, innovative and dedicated. We have a mix of generalists and specialists and recognise that this diversity contributes to our success. We recognise the benefits of forming teams from a mix of disciplines, which allows us to come up with cutting edge, high quality solutions. Our breadth of work across the Public Sector provides diverse opportunities for our people to develop their careers in new areas of expertise and with new clients.
You'll be part of a big company, but we try to create a culture that feels like a small one. The work will stretch you and be challenging, but we encourage a healthy work-life balance. Most of all, we know teams who work well together also perform well. We'll do everything we can to ensure you have fun at work, and in social activities outside of it whether that's virtually or in person, as conditions allow.
At the end of 2020 we had over 700 employees working across our security and law enforcement customers. This year, we are looking to build on our success and grow even further by recruiting over 100 new members to our team.
We have a rich history of working within this sector -In fact, we have over 40 years' experience of delivering advice and solutions to our customers in this sector, supporting them in carrying out their vital missions.More about BAE Systems
You will work for a division of BAE Systems who helps nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We're a consultancy and products business and employ smart, motivated individuals who work together across a range of projects and products. You'll get to work on a variety of different systems for different customers throughout your career with us. We're passionate about Diversity and Inclusion in our workforce and the people you'll work with will reflect this. We employ over 4,000 people across 18 countries in the Americas, APAC, UK and EMEA
For more information please visit our website: https://www.baesystems.com/en/cybersecurity/national-securityHelp us secure a connected world. Apply now and be inspired.Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.