London | Leeds | Gloucester | Manchester with support for Hybrid working.Job Description
As an AWS Solution Architect you will be working with our customers to define and architect the functional blocks of AWS to support their migration journey.
This is a key role working closely with the customer. You will elicit customer requirements for cloud migration and understand the customer's current eco system and how the cloud migration will fit into this. The role will define patterns and services that are required for a successful migration to AWS, and assurance that the migration is well architected.
A key aspect of the role will be to endorse, support and maintain re-usable patterns for migration that will be built by the teams, utilising infrastructure as code so that future deployments can be delivered through automation and code reuse.
It's an amazing time to join our team to help shape our customer's exciting cloud migration journey. Not only will your team be directly making a huge impact upon the systems you work on, you'll be doing it for an organisation who makes a huge impact to the security of the UK.Core Duties
- Take on the technical lead role in migration enablement work.
- Work with the community of development teams, to deliver migration services using, common code, standards and artefact format and proactively drive collaboration, particularly where there are service dependencies
- Define and document AWS architecture for migration (baseline, target, roadmap, patterns, standards, reference architectures, etc), supporting a wide range of use cases
- Run architectural reviews of the platform at appropriate intervals to take best advantage of vendor technologies
- Pro-actively define, optimize, automate, publish and communicate deployment patterns for migration
- Support engineering teams in optimizing the migration path
- Escalation point for engineering teams in troubleshooting and incident management
- Driving the adoption of automation in the platform, using common methods with other platforms
- Documentation of deployed systems, scripts and other working practices to enable, re-use and support users across the world
You will have experience in many of the following:
- Experience in Cloud Platform Architecture with AWS, defining cloud reference Architectures and Cloud Patterns in a large multi-account AWS estate
- Plenty of experience in AWS and experience in solving complex business issues. Regarded as an AWS subject matter expert
- Experience with various DevOps tools and CI/CD tools
- Experience in AWS Security services and Network Services
- Experience with working within an Agile framework
- Good understanding of AWS security concepts and the goals of cyber security
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Motivating the team to use new tools to improve efficiency and breaking barriers to set new standards.
It would be great if you also had experience in some of these, but if not we'll help you with them
- Cloud Migration experience
- Industry certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate or Professional, AWS Speciality domains (Security, Advanced Networking)
- A scaled agile framework certification, such as SAFe or Scrum@Scale
- Managing stakeholders, including users and management
- Mentoring junior engineers and nurturing their passion for engineering
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process.How we will support you
About our team
- Work-life balance is important; you can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working, and many of our roles include hybrid working enabling a mix of working from home and in the office
- You'll get 25 days holiday a year and the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- You'll be part of our company bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
Our people are what differentiates us, they are resourceful, innovative and dedicated. We have a mix of generalists and specialists and recognise that this diversity contributes to our success. We recognise the benefits of forming teams from a mix of disciplines, which allows us to come up with cutting edge, high quality solutions. Our breadth of work across the Public Sector provides diverse opportunities for our people to develop their careers in new areas of expertise and with new clients.
You'll be part of a big company, but we try to create a culture that feels like a small one. The work will stretch you and be challenging, but we encourage a healthy work-life balance. Most of all, we know teams who work well together also perform well. We'll do everything we can to ensure you have fun at work, and in social activities outside of it whether that's virtually or in person, as conditions allow.
You will be joining our National Security business which is the largest area within our UK business. Our mission is to be the most trusted partner for our National Security clients in delivery of their core mission. At the end of 2020 we had over 700 employees working across our security and law enforcement customers. This year, we are looking to build on our success and grow even further by recruiting over 100 new members to our team.
We have a rich history of working within National Security. In fact, we have over 40 years' experience of delivering advice and solutions to our customers in this sector, supporting them in carrying out their vital missions.More about BAE Systems
You will work for a division of BAE Systems who helps nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We're a consultancy and products business and employ smart, motivated individuals who work together across a range of projects and products. You'll get to work on a variety of different systems for different customers throughout your career with us. We're passionate about Diversity and Inclusion in our workforce and the people you'll work with will reflect this. We employ over 4,000 people across 18 countries in the Americas, APAC, UK and EMEA
For more information please visit our website: https://www.baesystems.com/en/cybersecurity/national-securityLife at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.