Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee Lead IT Business Analyst
Technology Services at QBE is changing - fast. In a world that also throws out it’s unexpected twists and turns, QBE technology has been pushed to the forefront of the business value chain.
QBE’s investment in its platform and services have created a natural continuity environment that has elevated technology delivery even closer to the heart of its business value chain. This also allows its colleagues to set themselves up for a true work/life balance approach to their day to day and a healthy appetite for discovery, innovation and continuous improvement.
Our journey continues and the need for future proof thinking is greater than ever. Understanding the business needs and desired outcomes remains of upmost importance and will be key to the next phases of both of our growth as professionals.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. We’re ‘Happy to talk Flexible Working’.
If you are serious about your technology career and disrupting the lumbering ‘norm’ that is synonymous with financial services IT, then please apply today. The Opportunity
Are you a strong Lead IT Business Analyst looking for a new job opportunity - We are actively recruiting for a Lead IT Business Analyst who will be responsible for supporting the delivery of change to the business by leading, shaping, and directing analysis activity and the work of other Business Analysts. Can problem solve and implement new ideas, whilst inspire creativity with the teams you work with. Participate in activities that enable the assessment of business need, capture of requirements, design of appropriate solutions and delivery of solutions, and when doing so, will be recognized as experts in their field. This includes acting as the interface and point of liaison between the business and the IT team in order to undertake analysis into designated areas from a business solution, IT system or process perspective; to help identify problems, challenges and opportunities. Specialise in process, data, business and systems analysis and will be required to use one or a combination of these skills to help identify gaps in our business procedures, help redesign processes, reassess methods of working with business applications, workflow and evaluate other related business tools; utilised at QBE. Be confident and have understanding of process, integrated with technology systems, whilst working within an ‘Agile’ framework. How will help?
Your story so far
- Putting the Customer at the centre of the role with intimate understanding and anticipation of customer needs
- Prioritising the delivery of IT services to best meet business requirements, and reprioritising based on changing needs of the business
- Owning the delivery as part of the team with a shared responsibility for the outcomes
- Understanding the technology strategy to prioritise and align key outcomes
- Challenging the status quo to reduce waste
- Refining large and complex issues into actionable problem statements
- Conducting user research, creating personas, designing wireframes and interactive prototypes as well as testing design
- Working with product owners to ensure quality of backlog providing rigor, expertise and bandwidth
- Working with the team on the end-to-end user experience from ideation to service strategy - provide meaningful and relevant experiences to users
- Coaching and mentoring other members of the Business Analysis practice and contribute to overall quality in outputs
- Work within peer group to continuously seek ways of improving the analysis function within IT
We are here to support you
- Experience of being a Senior or Lead Business Analyst in an Agile and/or Devops environment
- Must be able to investigate and determine how target audiences best interact with processes and systems
- Knowledge of Commercial Insurance and/or Underwriting activities
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Ability to contribute to building the organisations Agile and Lean practices
- Ability to foster a group learning culture and apply learnings immediately
- Understand the challenges of heterogeneous technologies and awareness of mainstream IT technologies and architectures
- Ability to define business analysis approach for complex programs/projects
- Impartiality - accurately reflects facts. Always maintains an objective & balanced view
- Proactive - looks ahead for potential problems and takes preventative or mitigating action in advance
- Some supervisory experience, mentoring, coaching and developing other members of an analysis team would be advantageous
We are here to support you We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstances. As an QBE employee you will have access to and benefit from:
- ‘Hybrid Working’ - a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance
- Our ‘At My Best’ wellbeing program, including free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, confidential counselling, financial and legal advice
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services including benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners
- BCS Organisational Membership
Some of the awards QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include:
- The British Computer Society 2021 Winners - Inspirational Individual of the Year; IT Service & Support Professional of the year
- British Claims Awards 2022 Winner - InsurTech Award
- Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner - Claims Product Solution of the Year
- Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021 Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response
- Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022 Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent.Why QBE?Working for us. Working for you.
We understand that one size doesn’t fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. Offering a great range of benefits which enable you to bring your best self to work; including competitive salaries and bonus structures, health and well being programs, hybrid working for the flexibility of working from home and the office. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation. About QBE
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world’s leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor’s A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, QBE’s gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website .What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE’s vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW!
Simply click the “apply” button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.