Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee Solution Architect At QBE, our purpose is to enable a more resilient future.
We’re an international insurer and reinsurer with a local presence in 27 countries. Leveraging our deep expertise and insights, QBE offers commercial, personal and specialty products and risk management solutions to help people and businesses manage risks, build strength, and embrace change to their advantage.
Technology Services at QBE is changing - fast. In a world that also throws out it’s unexpected twists and turns, QBE technology has been pushed to the forefront of the business value chain. QBE’s investment in its platform and services have created a natural continuity environment that has elevated technology delivery even closer to the heart of its business value chain. This also allows its colleagues to set themselves up for a true work/life balance approach to their day to day and a healthy appetite for discovery, innovation and continuous improvement.
With an Agile mindset, you will be confident in breaking down solutions, communicating at all levels and be an expert facilitator and influencer. At QBE you’ll find everything you need to thrive in a dynamic and supportive work culture where no two days are the same... Primary Responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions via Agile development methodologies
- Technical solutions are designed efficiently and follow QBE processes and procedures outlining how technology can be used to solve a given business problem
- Conduct technology assurance and governance. Ensure aligned to architecture policy and practices
- Define the approach for structuring each application, including determining appropriate use of technology solutions
- Understand the IT landscape in order to deliver effective IT solutions that support the business context and meet the broader needs of the QBE enterprise
- Contribute to the refinement of processes and procedures to deliver continuous improvement of the Architecture function
- Throughout the project lifecycle, review and endorse, or proactively challenge, solution designs (internal and third-party). Negotiate the best possible solution for QBE, taking account of short and long term needs to meet business objectives
- Throughout the end to end lifecycle of a project, provide design leadership and extensive collaboration to ensure that solutions meet business expectations
- Deliver design or assurance documentation in line with project timelines to ensure solution meets business expectations. Actively promote and embed the Architecture ways of working and due governance
- Ensure requirements are managed to balance business benefits and solution constraints in order that projects scope is fit for purpose
- Understand and promote adherence to QBE’s IT Strategy, Architecture Principles, standards and Roadmaps to ensure solutions are in line with overall strategy
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of market developments to identify and deliver opportunities to leverage existing or emerging technologies and business models which enhance business performance
- Looking primarily for solution architecture skills, however, some understanding of enterprise architecture considerations and activities is a plus.
- Past experience of developing technology solution options and recommendations
- Past experience of developing IT target architectures, roadmaps and transitions states
- Experience of working in insurance sector (ideally London Market) - this is preferable but not essential
- QBE is currently engaged in multiple transformation programmes covering Underwriting, Claims and Reinsurance. Strategies and solutions will need to take account of the evolving landscape. Experience of working in these kind of complex environments would be a plus.
- Experience in supporting supplier and product selections, based on a set of business requirements, non-functional requirements and commercial considerations
- Ability to plan and run workshops with business and other stakeholders
- Producing outputs including solution blueprints (designs) and solution options papers
- Experience of working with third party service supplier / outsource providers
We are here to support you
- Excellent knowledge of problem analysis and design techniques
- Working knowledge of digital, emerging and disruptive technology applications
- Expert knowledge of insurance business processes and/or technology
We are here to support you We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstances. As an QBE employee you will have access to and benefit from:
- ‘Hybrid Working’ - a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance
- Our ‘At My Best’ wellbeing program, including free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, confidential counselling, financial and legal advice
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services including benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners
- BCS Organisational Membership
Some of the awards QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include:
- The British Computer Society 2021 Winners - Inspirational Individual of the Year; IT Service & Support Professional of the year
- British Claims Awards 2022 Winner - InsurTech Award
- Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner - Claims Product Solution of the Year
- Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021 Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response
- Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022 Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent.Why QBE?Working for us. Working for you.
We understand that one size doesn’t fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. Offering a great range of benefits which enable you to bring your best self to work, including competitive salaries and bonus structures, health and wellbeing programs, hybrid working for the flexibility of working from home and the office. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation. About QBE
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world’s leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor’s A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, QBE’s gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website .What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE’s vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW!
Simply click the “apply” button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.