Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: EmployeeSenior Network EngineerAt QBE, our purpose is to enable a more resilient future.
We’re an international insurer and reinsurer with a local presence in 27 countries. Leveraging our deep expertise and insights, QBE offers commercial, personal and specialty products and risk management solutions to help people and businesses manage risks, build strength, and embrace change to their advantage. The Opportunity
Build, administer, support and maintain solutions as directed and according to QBE and divisional policy. Work with a team of Network Engineers to ensure services are integrated, delivered and operated as required. Translate architectural designs into operations by collaborating with technical architects and being supported by third parties on infrastructure services. Provide input to overall management - workforce, budget, technology roadmaps, projects and tasks. Primary Responsibilities
- Information Security - Maintains the security, confidentiality and integrity of information systems through compliance with relevant legislation and regulations. Designs, implements and operates controls and management strategies to allow this.
- IT Infrastructure - Create low-level design documentation based off high-level architecture designs that will be used for implementation and ongoing support. Technologies include Azure Cloud, Cisco and Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco Routers, Cisco Nexus Switches, Meraki SD-WAN and Wireless.
- Ownership & Initiative - Takes ownership of problems and proactively resolves technical problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements. Takes full accountability for actions taken and decisions made.
- Problem Solving - Understands and identifies problems, analysing and helping to identify the appropriate solution. Can classify and prioritise problems, document their causes and implement remedies.
- Technical understanding - Has the specific knowledge which underpins an individual’s ability to deliver the responsibilities and tasks of their role. This relates to the application of the required breadth and depth of technical knowledge.
- Troubleshooting & Problem Resolution - Has lateral thinking capability to dissect a problem into its component parts to identify and diagnose root causes, allowing problem resolution. Able to troubleshoot and identify problems across different technology capabilities including compute, storage, networking, physical infrastructure, and software.
- DevOps\Automaton - Has a diverse set of technical expertise; including DevOps tooling, troubleshooting and debug skills, coding/scripting and infrastructure engineering to provide outstanding customer experiences. Beyond technical qualification, resource will also have a healthy combination of cross-group collaboration skills, communication and relationship building skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 6 years relevant experience
- Cisco Certified Network Professional, Palo Alto certified associate
- Working knowledge with SolarWinds, Splunk and other Network Management Protocols
- Working knowledge of using Python or other programming language
- Advanced working knowledge of industry best practices and networking design
- Advanced working knowledge of WAN, SD-WAN, LAN, Data Centre and Wireless technologies
- Advanced working knowledge of IGP and EGP routing
- Advanced working knowledge of TCP/IP operations
- Intermediate working knowledge of Palo Alto and Cisco NGN Firewalls
We are here to support you
- Hands on experience configuring, implementing, and supporting:
- Nexus 7700, 9k switches, Cisco ASR 1000X routers, Cisco FTD’s, Palo Alto Firewalls, and Meraki SD-WAN/Wireless
- BGP, OSPF, VRF’s, VDC’s, OTV, HSRP, MPLS, and Route Maps
- Proficient documentation skills:
- Visio, Word, and PowerPoint experience
- Troubleshooting Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret packet captures
- Ability to comprehend complex network diagrams
- Ability to work with other teams to diagnose cross technology issues
- Risk Management:
- Experience with ITIL Framework and Enterprise level change control processes
- Display good judgement and proper planning of all changes implemented to minimize/reduce impact to the business.
We are here to support you We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstances. As an QBE employee you will have access to and benefit from:
- ‘Hybrid Working’ - a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance
- Our ‘At My Best’ wellbeing program, including free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, confidential counselling, financial and legal advice
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services including benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners
- BCS Organisational Membership
Some of the awards QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include:
- The British Computer Society 2021 Winners - Inspirational Individual of the Year; IT Service & Support Professional of the year
- British Claims Awards 2022 Winner - InsurTech Award
- Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner - Claims Product Solution of the Year
- Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021 Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response
- Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022 Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent.Why QBE?Working for us. Working for you.
We understand that one size doesn’t fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. Offering a great range of benefits which enable you to bring your best self to work, including competitive salaries and bonus structures, health and wellbeing programs, hybrid working for the flexibility of working from home and the office. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation. About QBE
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world’s leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor’s A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, QBE’s gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website .What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE’s vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW!
Simply click the “apply” button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.