The Team: This role is part of the international Upstream Product Management team who are responsible for an industry leading product portfolio. Customer centricity is at the heart of the team’s approach to product management, utilizing leading technology and industry expertise to deliver solutions that support our clients to achieve their objectives.
The Impact: This position plays a critical role in driving expansion into new customer sectors through subject matter expertise and guidance of the product management team. Utilizing sector knowledge you will contribute to the identification of new market needs, workflows, and requirements. This role will interact with and support a wide range of internal stakeholders comprising commercial, product management, research, and economics/fiscal modeling teams.
What’s in it for you:
- Join an exciting innovative global team focused on delivering workflow-based solutions that enable customer success.
- Opportunity to build on subject matter expertise and understanding providing thought leadership and become an authority in the field of asset and portfolio fiscal modeling.
- Drive and influence the integration, innovation and synergy initiatives directly related to customer growth.
- Gain deep understanding of S&P Global Commodity Insights capabilities through collaboration across a wide range of internal stakeholders comprising commercial, research, customer care, product management, development, and marketing.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance (corporate financial modeling, company, and asset valuations economic analysis, tax consolidation and incremental economics) to product management team and other internal stake holders.
- Drive innovation of company portfolio modeling and valuation capabilities utilizing personal experience and expertise in addition to deep knowledge of financial customer workflows and requirements.
- Work with the product management team to translate customer feedback and requirements into new product offerings and enhancements.
- Provide understanding of impacts of the energy transition in the evolution of taxation, fiscal regimes, petroleum economics and portfolio modeling.
- Work with economics and fiscal modeling teams to provide subject matter expertise and help to enhance models and approach.
- Develop and maintain customer partnerships and networks in the energy sector.
- Support commercial teams with customer engagements and campaigns.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelors and/or a Masters degree in economics, engineering or geoscience.
- Minimum 2 years working in energy teams for an investment bank/advisory firm or an operating company.
- Working experience and deep understanding of upstream petroleum corporate portfolio fiscal and valuation modeling including discounted cash flow modeling, tax consolidation and incremental economics, corporate mergers and acquisitions essential.
- Experience using third party upstream asset and portfolio valuation tools to build pitch books, M&A brochures, and equity research reports.
- High skill level in data manipulation, Excel models, business intelligence tools, data science and analytics a distinct advantage,
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and innovative thinker.
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a global team of stakeholders.
- Customer focused and active in energy and financial industry networks.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)Job ID:
London, London, United Kingdom