Vice-President, Technology Lead – Front-Office
S&P Global is looking for a technology leader to take ownership of the software delivery organization focused on providing software solutions to our front-office clients. The role is responsible for leading global teams of Engineers in support of this mission with additional support from the wider technology organization. The ideal applicant will have a track record of building and growing delivery organizations either at a software vendor catering for the buy-side multi-asset management sector or at an asset manager. The role requires a clear passion for technology, an organized and creative mind-set (thought leader) and a drive to find innovative solutions to common problems with the right toolset.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Take ownership of a global development operation of 100+ engineers to transform, grow and support S&P Global’s iLevel, thinkFolio and Debtdomain platforms
- Set the strategic direction for a large-scale multi-year transformation effort to modernize our software assets into a scalable distributed cloud-native platform
- Accountability for system design and strategic changes in system architecture
- Contribute to budget analysis as it relates to technology selection, project planning, and resource management
- Key stakeholder in setting strategic direction for the broader Software Solutions technology organization
- Accountability for delivery from the teams, ensuring best levels of velocity and quality
- Liaise with senior technology partners, architects and global industry experts across the team to establish and evolve the technical direction for the platform
- Drive innovation and adoption of best practices
- Build a strong working relationship with key customers
- 20+ years of experience managing high performing software development teams
- 15+ years of development experience building mission-critical products for the buy-side front-office sector (public and / or private markets)
- Excellent architecture and design skills
- Good background on leveraging cloud technologies
- Focus on Microsoft stack, but knowledge on cross-platform and open-source tech
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment with mature CI/CD infrastructure
- Experience with both front-end and backend technologies is a plus
- Experience working in a global environment with stakeholders distributed around the globe
- Good understanding of testing best practices and testing automation tools
- A strong understanding of the finance sector and in particular the investment management industry across public and private markets is a strong plus (order management / portfolio management / execution)
- Ability to demonstrate a good business acumen is a plus
- Displays energy, drive and stamina
- Can make decisions and take risks
- Analytical and can work with the business stakeholders daily
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)Job ID:
London, London, United Kingdom