Senior Java Developer
We are an established development team, looking to grow. We focus on providing an excellent developer experience. To that end, you'll have access to market-leading tools, services, and access to expertise both within the team and more widely in S&P Global. We have a strong DevOps culture and have automated every stage of our deployment pipeline.
S&P Global Private Asset Valuation offers a range of services for investors in alternative and hard to value assets:
- PE Valuations - Detailed unlisted equity and illiquid debt valuations for PE funds
- Level 3 Valuations - Hard to value instruments for buy-side firms
- Suspended Shares - Share valuation in cases of market volatility, fraud, M&A or reorganisation for asset managers and ETF issuers
- Credit Assessments - Credit assessments to support internal ratings-based credit risk approaches for banks or corporates
- PEVals - Valuation report delivery and document exchange
The services are designed to meet the post-trade reporting and management reporting requirements of market participants.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will design, create, and maintain high-quality cloud-based applications to help S&P Global’s Private Equity business grow. You will be working with a team of experienced application/web developers (in multiple global locations), business analysts and business stakeholders.
Day to day, you will contribute to current and future technology architectural designs and development efforts towards various modules of S&P Global Private Equity solutions. You will have access to market-leading tools and services and be part of a wider group that values technical excellence.
- Be an active player in system architecture and design discussions. Have a passion for technology and offer new ideas and approaches. Recommend product, process, and tooling improvements
- Analyse business requirements, design, implement and test features. Understand non-functional requirements like performance, scalability etc. aspect of the application
- Be delivery focused. Participate in agile product development through all SDLC phases
- Build high-quality, reusable code and libraries for future use in a timely and efficient manner
- Work closely with the QA and Business teams and highlight issues and risks proactively
- Embrace quality standards including code conventions, code reviews, unit testing, static analysis, and revision control. Coordinate with QA/QC staff for product functional and system testing
- Maintain and support all areas of the application
- Work in an individual capacity as well as in teams across geographies
- Work under the general supervision of the Development Manager and take direction from other Leads within the organization where required
Minimum and Preferred Experience/Skills:
5+ years strong technical and platform knowledge, including some or all:
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodology and industry best practices
- Thorough understanding of fundamental software engineering and computer science principles: object-oriented design, functional programming, structured design, databases, algorithms, data structures, usability, refactoring, debugging, and configuration management
- Excellent design and problem-solving skills and disciplined, engineering oriented mind set
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing commercial web applications or services used by external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Experience of Cloud Development preferably AWS and AWS Cloud Products
- AWS Lambda and Serverless Architecture
- AWS managed services, Linux, Docker
- Scala (or other functional programming experience)
- Angular 9+
- Other JVM languages
- Experience with Continuous Integration and build systems
- Git + Gitlab
- Good degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Numerate field
- Experience with configuration languages (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
- Knowledge of Private Equity and/or Financial Sector is advantageous
- Ability to lead design and development of a new or existing project/service
- Display commitment to own features and take them to successful delivery
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work:
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return-to-Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)Job ID:
London, London, United Kingdom